Friday, May 31, 2013

Coastes @ Sentosa

Fancy dining by the beach, enjoying the sight and breeze? You might be interested to check out Coastes at Sentosa.
Taken from Coastes' website, "Coastes offers a rustic charm and casual, laid-back beach vibe where the sunbeds and deck chairs flow right to the water's edge. Tuck yourself into generous servings of Coastes mouthwatering burgers, pizzas, pastas and delicious fresh seafood and wash it all down with a cold beer or one of the signature cocktails."


Lovely beach setting. I was at Coastes around dinner time, before the sun set. :)
It was a little hot though; we had to move seats to a table near the fan.
I'm not always a fan of alfresco dining, especially if the air around stinks (you get what I mean), and if there are many mozzies! Somehow, mozzies love my blood! :(
Coastes was however quite a pleasant outdoor dining experience!

Eggs benedict. Honestly, this dish didn't taste as good as it looked. My friend and I both felt that the poached eggs tasted a bit weird. :S
On a side note, look at the nice rainbow colour my water glass (top left hand corner) had in this photo!! Haha.

Haiwaiian pizza. I like how the crust was thin so you can taste the toppings. However, the crust seemed dry and a little too hard for my liking. You probably can tell from this photo that the crust around the edges were kinda inedible - too hard and burnt.

Spicy chicken wings. It wasn't spicy at all. I'm not someone who can take spicy food well, and I ate 4 to 5 of this!

They've also got a selection of cocktails and other food, as seen in the menu below.




All in all, I liked the beach front dining and great service. The food didn't really live up to my expectations and the pricing was a little too steep for my liking. But the service staff were helpful and cheerful, so it kinda made up for the food and pricing. I always value good service.

If you are looking for an eatery with super good food, I wouldn't recommend Coastes. If you are looking for a place to relax at a beach setting after a swim at the beach and enjoy some drinks with friends, maybe Coastes might prove to be an awesome dining experience. Pity I couldn't try the cocktails and other drinks as I'm allegic to alcohol, so no reviews on them.

Spectrum rating:

Ambience: 3.5/5
Service: 4/5
Food: 2.5/5
Pricing: 2/5

Overall: 3/5


xoxo,
Sherlene

No comments :

Post a Comment