Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Diet Tips 101

First of all, I must say that I believe in accepting our own body shape and embracing what God has given us. However, for people who really need to lose that extra weight, here are some basic tips which might be useful.

1) Satisfy that craving.
Someone told me that when you have a craving, it is your body's way of saying that it is in lack of that type of food. Maybe the body needs the nutrients which that food can give. However, satisfy that craving in a small and controlled amount.
Also, it is better to finish your rice when you are hungry, rather than eating a quarter of your rice and end up binging on unhealthy stuff like chocolates and chips later.

2) Don't count calories or look at the weighing scale.
It is not as effective as looking at your body in the mirror. I can't remember the last time I weighed myself, simply because I find it more logical to base how I look by using a mirror instead of a weighing scale.
Also, if you ate too much in one meal or one day, don't beat yourself up over it. Just eat less the next meal or the next day. It works like magic for me.

3) Exercise.
It's a reminder to myself to exercise too. Sometimes we get so tired after work that exercising is that last thing we wanna do. However, the benefits of exercising go a long way. When you build up the muscles, your basal metabolism increases, meaning you burn more calories on a day to day basis, because you need more energy to maintain those muscles as compared to fat.

4) Choose healthier alternatives.
For example, boiled/ steamed VS fried. The choice is obvious if you want to lose weight. Remember not to neglect any food group though. So don't go salad dieting all the way. It is bad for your body as salads alone cannot give you all the nutrients you need. The key is to eat a bit from all food groups. Yes, I know, it is sometimes not feasible, but there's no harm in trying.

Finally, the most important of all .........

5) Choose clothes that flatter your body shape.
Everyone has a unique body shape and most people cannot wear anything and everything. We all need clothes to bring out the best of our bodies and hide the parts which are less flattering. I seldom wear peplum as I'm not a fan of them, but for girls looking to cover that tummy bulge, peplum cuts do the job really well.
 photo peplum2.jpg



Your results may vary when you do all that I've mentioned. It really depends. Some people are born naturally thinner than others, while some are born naturally thicker than others. If you are born naturally thicker, maybe you need to put in more determination and effort. However, nothing is impossible. Set your heart and mind to it. All the best! :)



xoxo,
Sherlene

No comments :

Post a Comment