Saturday, June 8, 2013

"Heads Up" game and application review

Those of you who watch the Ellen Degeneres Show will be familiar with the game "Heads Up" which she plays with her guests. It seems really fun and as her audience, I enjoy watching the game in action. Recently, she developed an application for it, which is available both on iphone and android, so everyone and anyone can play the game “Heads Up”!  My friends and I have been playing it on the train home and we had a lot of funny moments!

Image taken from ellentv.com
Logo for the application.

Loraine and I decided to video a round of “Heads Up” so that you readers can see for yourselves how the game is played. Basically, one person guesses the word (the person holding the phone) and the other person acts or gives clues about the word. Please pardon the noise in the video; my friends were chatting quite loudly. Haha.




We were reviewing the paid version of “Heads Up”, which has a lot more categories. The app is rather sensitive and you need to place your phone vertical for it to work well, if not the app might freeze. As seen in the video, there’s also a recording function which records your friend acting out the words. This is only available in the paid version.

There are two different versions of “Heads Up” – the free version and the paid version (SGD 1.28 for iphone and SGD 1.17 for android, if I’m not wrong.)  Do take note that the app is by “Blueique Studios”, as there are many copies popping up on the market.

To increase the level of difficulty, you can make a rule that person giving clues can only act out the words. I tried this with my friends and it is quite fun! It is also possible to play “Heads Up” as a group – for example, two people will guess and another two people will act out the words. In my opinion, it is much more fun to play the game in a group. J

On the whole, "Heads Up" is an entertaining game to watch and play. It would be even better if the full version of the app is made totally free. Hahaha. But I guess, nothing is really free in this world. Excellent game to play with a group of friends, anytime and anywhere!


Spectrum Rating:

User-friendliness of application: 4/5
Price: 4/5
Variety of categories: 4/5


Overall rating: 4/5



xoxo,
Sherlene

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Loraine says...

SGD 1.28 for Ellen's Heads Up original game is extremely worth the money. The fun that I got while playing with Sherlene was x10 of the free version on Android! After trying it out on my friend's phone, I was ready to part with SGD 1.28. Imagine my disappointment when I realised that it is not available on android!

Love,
Loraine

No comments :

Post a Comment