Friday, May 24, 2013

Discovering Secrets

I believe that products that are good should be tried and shared. I call this Discovering Secrets.

First things first. For a start, Sherlene & Loraine does not do sponsored ads (yet). Whatever we post about will be entirely what we reckon as worthy to talk about. Good products are not meant to stay as secrets!

There is this one little secret in the market that is so good and does not require much advertisement. No, not because it has superb reviews on MakeUp Alley. For a matter of fact, I tried to search for it on MakeUp Alley and guess what? No results found!

Here I present to you, my Secret Number One, the Aloe Vera Gel by Corpore Sano. This is already the fourth bottle that I am using. Coming from a family with genetically sensitive skin, I  have recommended this to all my family members. My mum just bought one at the original price without discount, just because she could not wait to own a bottle of her own after I was raving so much about it! It is...
  • From Barcelona, Spain
  • Organic Certified
  • Free of parabens, colours and fragrance (I am extremely particular about the ingredients in products that I use)
  • 99.9% aloe vera gel
  • Other ingredients:  Salvia officinalis (Sage) oil, Glycerin, Sodium Phytate, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol

  • Minty feel on the skin (probably from the minute amount of Phenoxyethanol)
  • Smoother skin and does not cause stickiness on skin after application, unlike most moisturisers I have tried so far.



I found this little treasure at Guardian, only carried by a few selected stores such as NEX, City Link Mall and the Airport at T1 Arrival Hall. Priced at SGD 28.00 for a 300ml bottle, it seems a little steep. I have thought of switching to cheaper brands such as Fruit of the Earth, but reviews on MakeUp Alley allegedly reported that there are 4 toxic ingredients in it! I am uncertain to the extent of truth in that review, but it is always better to be safe than sorry. :)

I always wait for the 20% discounts that Guardian has quite often. (SGD 22.40 after discount, which is even cheaper than duty free at the airport). That's almost SGD 6 per bottle!

Honestly, I have not tried other aloe vera gels, but why change when this has healed my eczema outbreaks only after ONE application, and soothed the itch I got from dust? This will definitely be a product that I will use for a long time.

The only downside is that the remaining gel at the bottom is hard to retrieve. If you can overcome this problem, I think you will love this product to bits. Yes, I already do. 


Coming up in the next post would be something that I bought for the shiok-ness to pamper myself -the Clarisonic Mia! Stay tuned!


Love,
Loraine

1 comment :

  1. hi

    Did you or anyone you know try the aloe vera on face? How are its results?

    ReplyDelete