Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Is the Adventure Cove for you? Read to find out. :)

Wanting to do something exciting in celebration of a small milestone in our relationship, I asked my boyfriend for his opinions on where to go. We decided on Adventure Cove eventually, and here's my short story...

We entered the water park free of charge because of SAFRA vouchers. Things that come free are very often the best :D

Weather forecast: Cloudy.

We trusted the weather forecast and so we skipped the sun block application altogether. Oh, how wrong we were! I'm now all sunburnt after experiencing the merciless sun for 6 hours. My skin feels like it's tearing... Owww!! I will probably not use my clarisonic mia within the next 2 days and slather my trusty aloe vera gel all over my face and body.

Oh, I think I should talk about the lockers too since we had a hard and good laugh abt it. When it is written as locker rentals for SGD 10 or 20 depending on the size for the whole day, they aren't lying!! It didn't occur to us that we would be able to open it many times without repeatedly paying for it. We went hungry because we didn't bring money with us.


Spectrum's ratings for the:

-individuals (like me)who are out for some adventure but so scared of zero-gravity and snorkeling: 3.5/5.
Despite being terrified of fishies (touching them especially is my worst identified fears), I garnered all the courage from every inch of me to swim with them. Okay, I was swimming ABOVE them, hoping very much they wouldnt come close to me at all. To make things bad, the snorkeling gear was so difficult to use! The icy salt water kept going into my nose so my head was above water to expel it most of the time. My fears are not unwarranted because a lifeguard did a rescue (an adult) not long after I finished the entire round. The marine life was seriously beautiful, so if you arent afraid of fishies, this is definitely an activity you will enjoy.

-foodies who like choices of eateries within Adventure Cove itself: 1/5. I think there was only one, not counting the food stands. You are allowed to re-enter though :)

-those looking for a job there as a lifeguard/aquatic safety personnel: 4/5
Actually I can't judge much, but they are always greeting and smiling to us. They are paid SGD 9 per hour which isn't low at all. And if any ride needs to be tested after repair, you get free rides as you will be the guinea pig. However you need to learn to deal with angry faces in the queue when the ride becomes faulty.

-lazy-pool lovers: 5/5. It was big and purposeful. I especially like to see the stingrays (from far, haha. I'm that terrified of them). Little did I know that they come in different shapes! Some species have eyes on top, others at the side. One even had a funny looking tail that looked like a badly-injured fracture. Another looked like a shark and stingray cross-breed, made me think if it has a daddy shark and mummy stingray. Try to spot them when you are there. The 2 of us stationed ourselves there against the waves (he did all the work to prevent us from being washed away) to view the huge stingray tank.

-families with primary school children above a minimum height of 122cm (?): 4.5/5.
Your children will probably request to return to that place any time soon! If they only love the wave pool, the swimming complex in Jurong would be a better choice. I heard that there's a wave pool there too and it's a lot cheaper.

-adventure seekers who enjoy zero-gravity moments: 2.5/5.
There aren't many rides in the first place and queues are long. Alright, the entrance fee is only SGD 29, compared to USS' SGD 74 so it is acceptable. You get what you pay for. Didn't spend more than half of my time queuing too, but I went during an off-peak period.

-hard core shoppers: 3.5/5
They sell lots of things! Water bottles in weird shapes, mist fans, Ripcurl swim suits of not too ex prices (SGD 45 for a ladies' swim top with sleeves), ipanema slippers of unique designs (SGD 29.90-32.90)...

-mummies with adventure-loving children: 4/5.
No mud on your children's clothes for once, yay!! You might lose sight of them for a period of time though because of the many thick plants around. Their safety is well-assured, because lifeguards are ubiquitous and clear instructions are given before each ride. The playground for young children has rubbery flooring to cushion any fall. SGD 20 for children is of average pricing, but if you have 10 children, that's gonna be another story...

If you are still wondering if the adventure cove is for you, please place a comment below or email us. Sherlene and I will be more than happy to answer you :)



Love,
Loraine





No comments :

Post a Comment