Monday, May 27, 2013

My Clarisonic Mia


Silly as it sounds, but I can tell you that I look forward to washing my face each time now.

Exactly a week ago, I was scampering from shelves to shelves around Sephora, hunting seriously for a good gift for my sister’s 29th birthday. Time seemed too fluid during that moment. The birthday dinner was about to start! What should I get her? A Dior lipstick? A Stila smudge crayon waterproof eyeliner in amber? A Fresh Lipbalm or Lip Scrub? Should I get this or that or all of them? Will she like the colours? Will she use them?

Then, I was introduced to the Clarisonic Mia by a salesman. Yes, you might be thinking, was I stupid or what? I would if I were you because of my own bad experiences. Some salespersons are infamous for duping customers. So unethical!  Anyway, he was clever. While promoting and testing out a Fresh facial foam on the back of my hand, he also used the Clarisonic Mia to enhance the experience. Don’t get me wrong. Mr Salesman seemed genuinely sincere and  spoke facts.

Well I was so enticed by the Mia. The feeling was… shiok. I started to bombard Mr Salesman with questions about the Mia, paying no attention to the facial foam at all. What is it? How much is it?

I was told the price.

What?? A whopping $170?!! I backed out. Let me do my research first for a better price, I told Mr Salesman. I had no intention of spending that much at Sephora that evening.

“We are the exclusive distributor in Singapore.”

In the end, I left Sephora contented with the Clarisonic Mia. No, I did not steal them. Yes, them. I bought TWO!! Anyway, I was extremely certain that it was a good gift. Lucky sister!

Both of us are into the first week of using it now and we love it. This was what she told me through Whatsapp:

Ching thanks for the gift… I used it again today on makeup and it cleans soooooo cleanly… I mean I use it a few times le but today’s makeup is heavier… :)


Secret Number TWO: Clarisonic Mia (one speed).




It is matt, white, pretty, with an ergonomic handle. It works via patented sonic frequency of 300 movements per second. In other words, it vibrates fast. The inner brush moves, the outer circle of the brush does not. For more details, go to Clarisonic's official website.

Whenever I use it, I feel relaxed, pampered and blessed. Here goes another home-spa session, I would tell myself!


Some things that you might want to know:

There are other models with more than one speed. Mr Salesman mentioned that the second speed is slower, which was too slow to some customers, hence redundant.

It is waterproof, as said by Mr Salesman. So far I’ve washed the entire gadget (with the brush head attached) under a running tap and it is still working perfectly fine.

The Mia stops automatically after approximately one minute of use. A friend who did a research on it said that using it for one minute is most optimal. 

You do not have to charge it after every use. According to the manual, a full charge allows the Mia to work for 20 minutes. Simple math calculation. :) 

The brush head costs about SGD 30 each, and it should be changed once every 3 months to retain its effectiveness. Isn’t it just like our toothbrushes? Yea, but it also costs about 5x more. With a little twist, the brush head can be detached and attached. So easy to change it!

There are Mia imitations around! Click here to learn how to spot a real Mia from a fake. Also, I believe there are real ones sold at a cheaper price from reliable websites. 

If you want to share the Mia with someone, I would recommend you to get separate brush heads. Sharing the handle should not be of any problem. Get a separate brush too if you want to use it on your body. 

I hope you will feel the joy of using it as much as I do. Tata!
 
Check out the ergonomic handle!

The rechargeable battery clicks magnetically.


Coming up next, would be a trip to Kith Cafe at Park Mall! It will be my first time there tomorrow. *Excited!

Love,
Loraine

No comments :

Post a Comment